Search This Blog

Sunday 18 March 2012

A Tribute To My Mum Of Blessed Memory


A TRIBUTE TO MRS. FLORENCE KEHINDE OGUNTOYINBO--MY MUM
by Olusola Akinrinola (nee Oguntoyinbo) 
My mum had two outstanding qualities I would always remember her for; her personality and her life as a wife.

MY MUM’S PERSON: I had thought I would say all these about you on your 60th birthday, but lo and behold, man proposes but God disposes. My mum was a mother and a wife per excellence. She was very humble, accommodating, hardworking, quiet, amiable, friendly, and godly.  She does not discriminate. She had a ministry of reconciliation and ensured we all got close to our daddy. She was a friend to all our friends, and gave herself a seat in the heart of everyone that came across her ----no wonder many of my friends were shocked and also wept when they heard about her translation. 

She didn’t just buy things for us during our undergraduate days; she also bought for our friends. She was always willing to help. She helped us to understand our dad; she gave us the key that unlocks the heart of our dad. She was fondly called Mrs. Oguntoyinbo by the pupils of OOUPS---People were always saying Mrs. Oguntoyinbo is a nice woman. She was a disciplinarian---imagine whatever I am today is the product of my mum, I started house chores at the age of seven(6)---washing of plates, socks, underwears, toilet and bathroom, scrubbing of floor, sweeping, cooking of meals and ensuring that the house is organized, if my mum saw your clothes on the floor, you are in trouble.

My mum taught us to be excellent, she would say, “always leave a place or something better than the way you met it, and if you can’t do better, leave it the way you met it not worse than the way you met it”. My mum was also godly and prayerful. I’m very glad she met and trusted Jesus before she left this world. So, my mum is not dead, she lives never to die again, for Jesus said, “He who believes in me, though he dies, he will live forever more.” Alleluia, my mum defeated death-----Ija dopin, Ogun sitan, olugbala jagun molu, orin ayo lao ma ko, Alleluia.

MY MUM AS A WIFE: My mum was a wife per excellence, she always told us that our father is the head of the house and he has the final say on issues, that even when he was obviously wrong, we should obey him. She never abused our dad. She was very patient, quiet, and humble. She worked with my dad as a team cum companion. She was closer to us, so we made all our complaints to her, but when it comes to her husband, she would listen to us and tell my dad everything we said about him, counsel him to pretend as if he never heard anything and now advise him as to how to go about it, my dad will thereafter come like a King, god or like the man who knows it all to solve the issues--- I got to know this when I said some things about my dad and my dad called me very early in the morning acting like a God, when I refused to answer his questions, he later said your mum is not sleeping, call her, she would answer you, so I knew my mum was behind it and as a grown up, she told me some of these things and why she tells our dad everything.

She was a strong woman, when my dad was weak, she was strong. She was my dad’s partner, she completed him, and my mum had the missing rib of my dad. She was a good daughter and sister to the Oguntoyinbos- Her qualities as an in-law is outstanding.  All my dad’s friends loved her; in fact some people always gave her Christmas gift.

My mum can be described as the virtuous woman in proverbs 31:11-30. So mummy, I give you of the fruit of your hands and your works praise you in the gates. Good night mummy till we meet to part no more in heaven, In Jesus’s name. Amen.

"The conclusion of the whole matter is this: Fear God and keep his commands, because this is for all humanity. For God will bring every act to judgement, including every hidden thing, whether good or evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment